The Lost Chronicles of Halo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Chronicles of Halo

This is an RPG Forum depicting the Lost Chronicles of Halo

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Pact: A Tale of Brotherhood
A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 6:09 am by KeeperOfTheFlame

» Disturbances: The Unnerving Story of a Missing Colony
A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:51 pm by Violent Jay117

» Last of the Brave [Story of an ODST]
A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:29 am by KeeperOfTheFlame

» Member Ranking
A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:12 am by Violent Jay117

» A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II
A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:17 am by KingNis085

» The Prophet of Forgivness
A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 5:02 am by KeeperOfTheFlame

» Outcome for Jay
A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:21 pm by KeeperOfTheFlame

» I've finally figured out what Galactic Reputation is!
A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:15 pm by KeeperOfTheFlame

» Battle Of Harmony
A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:50 pm by Imafighter

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

Galactic Reputation : 1

A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Empty
PostSubject: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 2:07 am

Chapter I - A Lucky Rabbit's Foot

September 9th, 2549 - Arcadia

"This is Delta-Zero-Eight-Five, Command do you copy?" Ennis said with urgency in his voice.

Nothing but static came in through his COM link as he continued to sprint through Abaskun, a small rural community that was once lush with life. In a matter of mere seconds, it was a ghost land.

"Command, this is SPARTAN-Delta-Zero-Eight-Five, last evac shuttle is a go. I repeat, last evac shuttle is a go. Do you copy? The weight of his feet thudded against the ground yet Ennis moved with such grace.

Finally, a garble came in through his COM link - understandable but with a lot of static.

"Delta-Zero-Ei..-ive, this..i.Command....Over?" A faint voice came through.

"Copy Command." Ennis replied skidding to a halt.

Ennis scanned his surroundings. It was his first Glassing. He read ONI's files on the first attack on Arcadia, but this was on a whole different level. The Covenant attacked with such ferocity this time. There was little time for evacuation.

"SP...T.., th..pla.et is lost." The voice continued. "Evac..ow..Coor..nat.s Two-Se..Apleh..Echo.."

"Roger, Command." Ennis replied.

Glancing down at his Battle Rifle he double-checked how many rounds he had left.

86 rounds left...barely three clips. He thought to himself. Checking his SMG he thankfully had four clips left. It will have to do.

He looked around one more time. Black ash began to slowly fall from the sky as the land around him continued to burn. His already black armor began to get covered in soote.

An eerie, dark feeling filled the void which was once Arcadia. Crouching down behind what was once the entrance to a hospital he checked his UGPS.

"Damn EMP." He mumbled out loud tapping the small screen on his UGPS. That's gonna have to get replaced again.

A low humming caught his attention. Shouldering his rifle he pivited around and followed two Phantoms as they patrolled slowly in the facinity he was in. Luckily, they had not spotted the Spartan-III.

Recalling the last few moments in his head he thought again to himself. His first glassing - not many people, let alone a Spartan have survived one and lived to talk about it. The initial waves came from high orbit above Arcadia. The Covenant were still Glassing the planet but from low-altitude. Banshees and Phantoms by the dozens were scanning the planets surface for any that survived. Mulitple Covenant Cruisers cluttered the hellish red sky. One hell of a day.

Once the Phantoms were out of range his instincts told him it was time to move and as always it was never slowly. The Phantoms were heading North-East. The scrambled coordinates he was given were North / North-West.

He thought to himself...That can't be right. That's the center of Mu, the only thing there would be... Realizing it might be a possiblity the Spartan kicked-off. Loose debris kicked up behind him as he began running towards the center of Mu.

He wiped his visor causing the thin layer of soote to smear faintly. It seemed like he was sprinting for miles when he finally began to near the center of Mu. Rounding a collapsed wall with his Battle Rifle shouldered he came to a slow trot then finally a quick walk. His eyes darted back and forth surveying the area quickly.

Roughly 700 meters infront of him was Mu's Docking Station. Up in flames and with the majority destoryed he wondered how anyone could be transmitting any kind of radio signal. So, he decided to radio in once again.

Crouching down once again in a low stance he uttered four words that he heard Sierra-One-One-Seven use in the past.

"Oly Oly Oxen Free..." Ennis almost whispered.

Waiting one minute he repeated again in a whisper, "Oly Oly Oxen Free...."

A faint static came in over his COM, then cleared.

Last edited by KingNis085 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:44 am

"Oly Oly Oxen Free..." Ennis' whispered once more over his COM.

Static came in through his COM but finally cleared.

He watched the Docking Station as the channel cleared, but nothing came through...something wasn't right.

From one of the hangars that looked intact a small plume of smoke started to rise up. It was blue. Standard protocole for any remaining survivors were to mark their location with blue flares. To Ennis it didn't seem right though.

The coordinates are correct. Could Command have been wrong? Nah...could be a trap? Can't be...probably though. Might as well check it out if this is the last place for any kind of vessel. Maybe there's a Pelican? Falcon? His mind played out various scenarios in his head as he stayed in a low crouch, Battle Rifle shouldered and scanning the area for any movement. His Motion Tracker was effected during the initial EMP blasts. Without any kind of connection to HIGHCOM he had to go on instinct. Something he did more naturally then with the aid of his Motion Tracker or UGPS.

He moved inside what seemed to be some kind of government building - if he was inside moving through cover there was less likely a chance he'd be spotted. Stepping up to one of the side doors leading through the main office he nudged the door open with one hand, still holding his Rifle up.

The door creaked open slowly. Ennis noticed it's design was very old. It's hinges were loose, almost ready to fall. Pulling Rifle closer to him he scanned the room. His eyes quickly feel to the Jackle huddled over a Human corpse in middle of the room.

The Jackles head rose. Sniffing the air in curiousness. The sly alien was fumbling with something in it's claws. Ennis' eyes locked onto to what it was holding. Some kind of COMPAD. It was transmitting garbled messages - unrecognizable.

Without hesitating any more Ennis snuck quietly into the room. Slinging his Battle Rifle around onto his back he took four wide but quiet steps towards the Jackle while reaching for his combat knife on the left side of his back-armor plate.

The Jackle was still sniffing the air before it finally realized what was happening. The sound of the Spartan's foot stepping right behind the alien caught it's attention just a second late as a black hand crushed the Jackles jaw shut. Ennis brought the knife right to the Jackle's throat and dug it across, slowly making sure the Jackle suffered and felt every inch of the knife cut across it's throat.

((I always like to put sondtracks to what I write - to help better visualize the story. If it does at all.))

((Freedom Fighters by Two Steps From Hell begins to play))

The Jackle's body went limp instantly. The Spartan let it go quietly, laying it down next to the Human corpse as to not cause any sort of attention.

The COMPAD was still transmitting static and garbled messages from Command. The evac was already completed. If there were anyone remaining they would all be at the center of the city. It's only major docking station was located there. But it didn't make any sense still to the Spartan as to why they would be transmiiting a signal on open channels. Let alone popping flares. If the Covenant were not in the area, they sure would be in moments.

Time was of the essence but still, Ennis had to be cautious. His natural instincts would normally cause him to burst out into a graceful sprint but he held his instincts and continued through the offices.

Last edited by KingNis085 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:21 am

After clearing his way through the offices and making his way closer to the docking station it was nothing but open ground. The station needed a perimeter large enough for vessels to dock and depart. The main courtyard he cautiously approached was barren.

Just a few hours ago he remembered the green grass and how lush Arcadia was before the Glassing began. The air was quiet aside from the very distant low humming of remaining Covenant cruisers. Which made him think again, it was almost too quiet. He rose his rifle and quickly darted his eyes across the horizon to scan for any Phantoms or Banshees. Spotting a few they seemed to be far enough away to most likely not noticed the flare just yet. But he wasn't sure. Jackles could be posted anywhere. Not to mention he didn't spot a single Elite yet.

The Jackle he killed could've been a pirate? A useless item that was easily expendable he thought to himself but couldn't second guess it.

He had to move out in the open, something he didn't want to do but made his move anyways.

From his cover, which wasn't much to begin with he made a dash into the open courtyard. A low wall about knee high in height was Twenty-Five meters away. He calculated in his head as he picked up speed. His eyes locked on specific keypoints in the courtyard and entance of the station - estimating the distance.

Just Eight meters from the low wall he caught the glimpse of a reflection in the distance. Four Marines were pulling apart the main entrance, guns raised on the look out and waving the Spartan in.

But something else caught the Spartan's attention seconds after he was airborne, leaping over the wall.

Fifity-Three meters to the entrance.

A loud pop caught his attention. Glancing over his shoulder in time to watch the tracer of a Covenant Beam Rifle round hit the ground behind him. Just a few feet away from him. No matter he thought to himself.

Forty-Four meters.

A second round was fired. He caught where it had come from and his eyes locked onto the Jackle posted up on a collapsed roof. High, but not high enough for any real advantage. And much to close of range - not far enough for the Jackle to be out of range of his Rifle.

A bright blue glow filled the area as a plasma bolt churned through the sky from behind the same collapse building the Jackle was on. Aimed directly in the Spartan's path.

Twenty-One meters.

Ennis was already running at almost sprinting at full speed. He was in range to hear the Marines shouting frantically at him. They had already begun firing in the general direction of the Jackle.

Ennis' eyes watched as the plasma bolt was nearing his path. The plasma bolt slammed into the ground, exploding and causing a debris of rock and ash to cover the rest of the courtyard. Pushing his speed further he had managed to make it passed the Wraith's first round before it hit the ground.

The sky filled up with more waves of plasma from the Wraith. One..Two..Three..Four.. He counted the rounds in the sky as he slid to a halt at the entrance. The Marines were shouting at him as the Spartan rose his Battle Rifle and aimed.

"Shut the door." Ennis said almost calmly aiming at the Jackle in the distance. The Jackle was almost out of range, but maybe not.

The Marine began closing the door. It took al four Marines to even get the door to budge as it slowly started to close. Ennis waiting as the plasma round connected with the ground and the remains of the Docking Station causing the remaining structure to rumble.

Dirt fell from the floors above.

The Jackle had begun reloading when the Wraiths sent their second rounds over. It's head was down for one second to long.

Gssh Ennis fired a single round off.

The bullet casing dropped to the ground as the Marines got the door shut. He didn't have to watch. He knew the round connected with the Jackle.

He aimed high and made sure it would it. The bullet went right through the Jackles left eye. The same eye Ennis saw it aiming with.

"Boy, are we glad to see you sir!" one of the Marines said with a sigh of relief.

Ennis turned and immediatly began walking into the station.

"We've gotta hurry. This place is going to be swarming with Covenant at any moment." Ennis replied as the Marines followed suit behind the Spartan.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:41 pm

"We've gotta hurry. This place is going to be swarming with Covenant at any moment." Ennis replied as the Marines followed suit behind the Spartan.

"Are there any transports left to get us out of here?" Ennis questioned as he continued to move through the hallways.

"Sir, there's another Spartan working on that right now." One of the Marines replied hustling to keep up with Ennis' quick pace.

"We thought we were screwed but then he showed up and now you!" The Marine started. He turned back to his three squad mates. "We're makin' it out of this hell boys!" He exclaimed.

"Right this way to the hangar, Sir." One of the other Marines said moving ahead of the Spartan.

Ennis glanced over at the excited Marines name tag. Mc Leoud

"What's the status in the hangar, Mc Leoud?" Ennis said following the other Marine now.

(Pronounced Mc Cloud)

"Well, sir, before the other Spartan arrived there was an issue with the Pelican's left thruster engine. Without it, we can't get airborne!" Mc Leoud stated.

The other Marine interuppted, "Right this way Sir." Rounding a corner down another hallway. Further down Ennis could see the entrance into the hangar. From what he could see it looked like a mess. Debris cluttered the entire floor from the entrance.

"It's quite a mess in here." The first Marine said shuffelling his way passed some debris to move into the hangar.

Ennis stepped over the debris and walked into the hangar. His eyes fell right onto the Spartan already inside the Pelican's bay.

"Didn't expect to see you here." Ennis commented reaching the Pelican and slinging his rifle over his shoulder. "What's the status on the Pelican?" He continued.

"Glad you're here Ennis. This Pelican's gonna have a rough time getting out of here with an engine down." Gideon replied.

Gideon was an old friend of Ennis'. Since their early days in Delta Company they frequently crossed paths and were assigned missions together. Gideon was more level-headed than the smaller Spartan. Gideon stood almost seven feet tall and his physical appearance was larger then Ennis'.

There was no time for formalities, both Spartans knew that. Their job was to get the Pelican up and get the Marines out of Arcadia.

"What do you want me to do?" Ennis asked.

Messing with some system-controls Gideon moved back and forth from the cockpit to the bay where he was trying to access the thruster engine's systems.

"I think I just about got it." Gideon replied, moving back into the cockpit.

The engines for the Pelican hummed and started turning. Ennis moved outside of the bay and watched as the left rear thruster grinded slowly and then stopped.

"Engines still down!" Ennis shouted over the loud sounding engines.

"Siiiiir! We have some company!" One of the Marines shouted pointing to one of the hangar doors.

Ennis slid out around the Pelican and under the left wing of the Pelican. Two Hunters were lumbering into the hangar, locked closely together and already charging up their cannons.

"Get this Pelican ready!" Ennis shouted, removing his Rifle. "Mc Leoud, make sure Gideon is covered from here. I'll take care of the Hunters!"

Ennis played his classic role as always. "Distraction" And took off across the hangar firing two bursts of three shots at the Hunters, causing them to turn their attention at the lone Spartan running.

Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 3:19 pm

Ennis played his classic role as always. "Distraction" And took off across the hangar firing two bursts of three shots at the Hunters, causing them to turn their attention at the lone Spartan running.

"Just be sure to get back here if you see this hunk of metal movin' ! " Gideon yelled through the cockpit unaware if Ennis even heard.

"Bloody hell, he's fast!" Mc Leoud commented kneeling up against the hull of the Pelican with his rifle raised. The other tree Marines made a small perimeter around the Pelican watching the other entrances to the hangar.

"He's the fastest." Gideon replied frantically as he messed with the controls of the Pelican.

"Sir, we're sitting ducks out here in..." One of the other Marines commented. His gun was shaking in his hands as his eyes frantically darted back in forth across the hangar in fright.

Gideon heard the comment but chose to ignore it. Hopefully syphoning some of the power from the right thruster into the left would give it enough power to start and hold a thrust enough to get the Pelican into the air.

Meanwhile, the Hunters aimed their cannons at the Spartan sprinting across the hangar. The rounds banked off their large shields not even causing them to stop as they continued together moving slowly into the hangar.

Simultaniously they both shot. The beams from their cannons gleamed across the surface into Ennis' direction. Since they were low enough the Spartan was able to react and leap over their shots.

In the air Ennis grabbed his last remaining grenade, primed it and flung it across the ground lowly. The Hunters didn't stop as the grenade banked off their one of their shields.

BOOM

The grenade went off. A loud moan echoed in the hangar as some sharpnel connected with one of the Hunters. Orange blood splattered to the ground in a large pool. It was wounded, but far from dead.

Ennis brought his rifle up and popped off a couple more rounds in the direction of the Hunters while piveting around so their backs would face the Pelican. His back would soon be out in the open, hopefully there weren't more Covenant outside of the hangar.

Gideon watched and smirked as he watched Ennis almmost hop around the Hunters making their backs face him.

Looking down at the controls, Gideon grabbed the main control for the Pelican's front turret and pulled.

The sound of the turret warming up caught the attention of the Hunters, but before they could turn around it was too late.

Pfft, ,pfft, pfft, pfft, pfft The turret grinded as shell casings began cluttering the floor.

Ennis dove out of the way of fire as stray bullets flew passed him.

Orange blood puffed and sparyed the air as the Hunters took the blunt of the bullets in the back, the only place their armor didn't cover. Both Hunters fell to the ground after a few seconds and a few dozens off rounds to the back. Lifeless.

Peering through the windshield of the Pelican Gideon watched as Ennis, blood-soaked in the Hunters orange blood came from behind a fallen crate.

Ennis shoke his head at Gideon as he shrugged.

"Thought you needed help!" Gideon shouted.

Smirking to himself, Ennis proceeded to check outside the hangar and see if the Wraith's from before would cause a threat to their plans.

Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 5:40 pm

Smirking to himself, Ennis proceeded to check outside the hangar and see if the Wraith's from before would cause a threat to their plans.

Ennis crouched low as he came up to the bay entrance of the hangar. From his direct position looking straight out he saw no movement. On his right - no movement. He peeked his head out to the left just for a split second and saw nothing. Without his Motion Tracker he still couldn't tell if there really was anything out there. He peeked his head out once more. Nothing. He thought.

As he moved back in a few plasma bolts sheared against the metal just next to him on the wall. Jerking his head back out for a second he noticed them now. Counting quickly.

Eleven Grunts, four Jackles and four Elites.

He shouldered his rifle as more plasma bolts from the Grunts hit the wall.

"We've got more company!" Ennis shouted once again as he pivoted around the corner and aimed with his rifle. He fired a few bursts. Three rounds pierced one of the Grunts, it falling to the ground instantly. Two rounds hit another Grunt puncturing its methane-system. White smoke bursts from the container and the Grunt frantically began running around wailing its arms in the air and fell to the ground – lifeless.

A noise behind Ennis caught his attention briefly, looking up as Gideon stepped behind him loading a grenade round into his M90 Shotgun. The modified Shotgun was never far from Gideon’s reach.

Gideon shouldered his gun and aimed high. A deep thud echoed in the hangar as he shot off a round. He aimed high towards the group, but not high enough.

BOOM

The round exploded just a few feet in front of the group killing four Grunts. Five left Ennis thought to himself watching as he continued to fire off bursts.

“Last round!” Gideon shouted over the gun fire while loading another grenade into the Shotguns attachment.

“Last mag!” Ennis shouted as well reloading his Battle Rifle after taking down the remaining Grunts.

Another loud thud crackled above Ennis’ head as Gideon shot once more, this time aiming a bit higher into the group. The round swirled through the air and went straight into a Jackle, but didn’t go off.

“Dud!” Gideon exclaimed as the Jackle curled in pain and almost fell over. The Jackle regained its composure and moved – stepping on the grenade.

BOOM

The grenade wasn’t a dud sending the foolish Jackle’s body in different directions.

“Nice.” Ennis muttered.

A blast created a small cloud of smoke, the Jackles pouring through it along with three Elites.

“One of the Elites is using camouflage!” Ennis shouted recalling there were four moments ago.

“Pelican’s a GO!” Mc Leoud shouted from the bay of the ship as its landing gear slowly started to rise up.

Gideon tapped Ennis on the shoulder twice. “Let’s go!” He said while turning around and began running to the Pelican.

“Move, move, move!” One of the other Marines shouted waving in the two Spartans.

By now, plasma bolts were firing into the hangar as the Covenant were rounding the entrance and coming into full view of the hangar.

“Ennis, let’s go!” Gideon shouted again as he hopped onto the Pelican’s rear.

The Pelican was now hovering just feet off the ground and was exiting the hangar.

Ennis finally rose up still firing off the last of his clip. He jerked his head to the side dodging a few rounds coming close to his helmet and then slung his rifle over his back and turned around.

As Ennis neared the Pelican he saw a blue glow in front of him – between him and the Pelican.

The shape of an energy sword formed as one of the Elites came out of camouflage.

Gideon jumped off the back of the Pelican and took two steps and fired a direct shot into the Elite’s back. The Elite staggered forward snarling. It gave Ennis the chance to drop to the floor and slide underneath the large alien. The Elites were almost over one foot taller then the smaller Spartan.

Gideon fired off another shot and the Elite fell to the ground. Even at the close of range their shields couldn’t take more then two shots before failing.

Ennis and Gideon jumped back into the Pelican before it was finally out of the hangar.
“What took you so long?” Gideon commented moving passed Ennis.

“Had to make sure we were covered. There’s still some out there.” Ennis replied moving up to the cockpit with Gideon.

“What’s our status, Mc Leoud?” Gideon asked.

“Well, Sir, the engines are in good shape, but we won’t be able to hold out long in space without any Cruisers near by. I’ve already begun transmitting a S.O.S. signal but no response yet.” Mc Leoud responded.

“Well, we’re not out of this yet.” Gideon replied as the Pelican rose to a higher altitude.

The Wraiths from before were making their way towards the hangar. Multiple plasma rounds were already in the air towards the Pelican.

“Evasive maneuvers!” Mc Leoud shouted pulling the controls to the Pelican.

The sound of the Pelican’s turrets, plasma bolts and engine made any kind of speaking hard to hear.

(The Conquered Shall Prevail – Immediate Music begins to play)

Ennis moved to the back of the Pelican, its bay was still open. Holding onto one of the bracers as to not loose balance he watched as the Pelican rose into the sky – the view was horrific. It was first glassing, he never realized how horrific it was. No doubt Gideon felt the same way they all did, but something told Ennis, this wasn’t over.

“Sir, we have multiple Covenant Cruisers still in Arcadia’s atmosphere. No doubt we’ll have Banshee’s on our tail soon.” One of the Marines commented, removing his helmet while sitting down.

“Anything from Command?” Ennis asked.

“Nothing sir.” Mc Leoud shouted.

“Mc Leoud, can you get us close to any of those Cruisers?” Gideon asked peering through the windshield of the Pelican.

“Well…yeah I can, but wouldn’t that be the opposite of what we wanna do…? Sir?” He replied.

Ennis interrupted from the rear of the Pelican. “You thinking what I’m thinking?” He asked looking at Gideon.

The fellow Spartan simply turned back at Ennis and nodded.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 1:32 am

"There's no way we're going to even get closer to one of the Cruisers without drawing attention to ourselves, and thats the last thing we need." Mc Leoud commented.

"We need to get off this planet somehow don't we?" Gideon replied gazing at the remaining Cruisers in the distance. "Which one do you think Rabbit?" He asked Ennis, calling him by hs nickname he earned during training.

"Whichever one's the biggest." Ennis replied. "Think one of them's a Prophets?"

"Your guess is as best as mine." Gideon responded.

Ennis moved up to the cockpit and leaned in passed Gideonn. "Chances are we're going to have heavy resistance regardless, but our best chances are to commendere a larger vessel so we can jump into Slipspace. And so we can get a signal out to Command." He said.

"Just what I was thinking." Gideon added.

The Covenant were still glassing the planet. To the curious Spartan though it seemed odd. Out of place to Ennis. He heard before the planets glassed but wasn't sure why the Covenant were still here. All the Cruisers were moving in the same direction closing their formation together.

"Gideon, notice how the Cruisers are all headed towards that mountain peek?" Ennis pointed.

"Yeah, but that's not what we should be concerned about." Gideon replied.

Ennis nodded. "Let's head for the Cruiser." Pointing to the last Cruiser of the pack. "Chances are it'll have less around it since it seems their attention is now focused on that mountain.

"Roger that, Sir!" Mc Leoud said steering the Pelican.

Ennis noticed Gideon still looking towards the mountain. "No one else from Delta was sent here...were they?" He asked his fellow Spartan-III.

"Not that I know of. I was suprised you were even still here. I stayed behind after the last evac to make sure everyone got starside." Ennis said.

Gideon knew Ennis was going to say that. "Looks like we both ran into some trouble."

"Seems to always happen." Ennis remarked.

The Pelican veered in closer towards the Cruiser. Most of the Banshees and Phantoms in the area were so focused on the mountain side the UNSC ship was ignored.

"Reducing speed." Mc Leoud said pulled the controls back on the Pelican bringing it to a steady slow speed.

"Head for that hangar." Gideon ordered. "Once we get this hunk of metal in there we go right for the nearest Phantom." The larger Spartan continued.

Ennis stayed in the cockpit as Gideon moved to the rear, grabbing some extra rounds for his shotgun. Peering through the windshield as they went through the shields for the Covenant hangar.

"Gideon, come take a look." Ennis said.

Gideon moved back up to the cockpit and looked out. The hangar was empty...no signs of movement. "Could be a trap. Let's get ready." He said quickly turning towards the back.

"Lower this thing now and open the hatch." Ennis said to Mc Leoud.

Ennis removed his M7 SMG and checked it's clip then his silencer to make sure it was on tight. The hatch creaked down as the Pelican landed in the hangar. The two Spartans hopped out and moved out into the hangar, back to back. They both scanned the room. No pilots, no Grunts...nothing.

"Somethin's not riiiight." One of the Marines said staying in the Pelican.

Ennis made a gesture to Gideon and they both moved towards the cooridors, checking each one for patrols.

Gideon hustled back to the Pelican. "Change of plans Marines. This is our ship."

The four Marines jaws nearly dropped. Mc Leoud was their squad leader and started to dsipute. "But Sir!"

"Look. Inside the control room we can use the Covenant's controls to contact HIGHCOM, it's the best solution. We just have to make sure this Cruiser stays on course until we can figure something out." Gideon interupted.

The Marines looked at each other in disbelief. Mc Leoud nodded. "Yes Sir! We're going with you, 'til the end."

The Spartan turned back around followed by the four Marines. Meeting back up with Ennis they came to a halt at one of the left cooridors. "If most Cruisers schematics are the same then this hall should lead us in the direction of the ships control room."

"How do you know that!?" One of the Marines replied as Ennis already began running at a slow trot down the hall.

Being ignored the Marine looked at Gideon for an answer. "Let's just say this isn't his first time inside one of these." He answered then followed Ennis. The Marines followed shortly after.

Let's just hope theres no heavy resistance. Ennis thought to himself as he trotted down the hall. Ennis motioned for them to stay low. "We need to move quietly and quickly. Hand signals from now on." He ordered.

The rest just nodded.

(Covenant Dance begins to play)

The halls were completely empty. They kept turning and turning but the halls were empty. Something felt wrong to Ennis again but it was all put to rest once they passed through another hangar. They all crouched low and hugged the walls. On the lower levels of the next hangar they were in they watched as Grunts scrambled across the floor being ordered around by Elites.

Ennis slid to the next door and peered around the corner. It was clear. He motioned for everyone to move through, turning to watch behind them as they passed.

Hopefully this works. He thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:31 am

It just dawned on Ennis as they made their way quietly through the empty halls. Beasley's Plateau - ONI's facility - there could also be a ONI class Prowler still there.

"Gideon if this doesn't work. We have a backup plan, but I'll explain later." Ennis whispered.

Gideon simply nodded as the two Spartan leading point crept up to a corner in the hall. It was the first intersection they'd come up to. One by one they observed the hallways, only one of them being patrolled by Elites. Six Grunts lined the hall, three one each side.

"Wonder why this hall has guards." Gideon whispered to Ennis.

"Because that's where the control room is." Ennis replied.

"Any ideas?" One of the Marines said.

They had to devise a plan quickly. Lingering around wasn't a smart choice at all. If they were spotted prior to their objective no doubt they would encounter heavy resistance.

Ennis moved up to get into his role of distraction again but was stopped when Gideon placed a hand on his shoulder. "Not this time, Rabbit." He said quietly.

"Try and find a way around?" Mc Leoud asked. "Is there even another way into the control room?" He continued.

Ennis thought quickly and hard, the schematics for the Cruiser ran through his mind mapping out each hallway, each hangar, each room. He looked up at the ceiling as the halls pulsated from blue to a light purple.

He motioned to Gideon at one of the viaducts. Gideon glanced up quickly as the two Spartans holstered their weapons. Gideon planted himself and locked his hands together at his wasit. Gideon lifted Ennis up after he stepped on his locked hands. The tile creakd for a brief second as Ennis slowly moved it aside and in a second, disappeared into the duct.

Gideon shouldered his shotgun once again and crouched at the intersection. Watching the patrolling Elites. Mc Leoud just over Gideon's shoulder.

The ducts were small, but just big enough for the Spartan to move in a tight crouch. Quietly, he made his way down the hallway looking down on the Grunts then the two Elites.

Gideon rose his hand getting ready to signal the Marines.

Ennis watched as the Elites crossed paths, grunting at each other in their alien language. Waiting for at least three minutes their pattern was dug into his memory already. One Elite moved down the hall towards Gideon - Fifteen paces from the intersection. The other Elite walked far enough down the hall Ennis would have time to assissnate both without causing any ruckus.

Ennis slowly moved the tile where he would drop to the side, giving him the space he needed to drop onto the first Elite.

Gideon noticed the tile move from where he was. Ennis was about to make his move. Timing had to be perfect. Mc Leoud noticed the Spartans foot shift. The brave Marine nodded to his fellow comrades to ready themselves.

Ennis removed his combat knife and positioned himself at the edge of the opening, his feet inches off the edge. Waiting...

The Elite walked right into his trap. Ennis sprung down from the ducts his feet landing right on the Elites shoudlers causing the alien to fall to its knees. Ennis quickly thrusted his knife into the Elites throat before it could make a sound. Without hesitating he made his move for the second.

"Take'em quietly." Gideon said as he rose and began running down the hallway the Marines following quickly behind.

Ennis already knew that the rest of his Squad were already moving in behind him. As Gideon passed up the Grunts trying to catch up to Ennis the Marines took care of the Grunts.

The Marines not being quick enough, awoke one, it yelping loudly.

The Elite snapped around raising it's Plasma Rifle as Ennis lept at him feet first combat knife ready. The knife dug right into the Elites mouth knocking him backwards bringing the Spartan with. Three plasma rounds went off in the fall. Two sheared passed Ennis' right shoulder up into the ceiling. One connecting with his shoulder. The Spartans shields flickered, almost failing. The Elite was dead. Purple blood splattered down the hallway creating different shades of the already purple halls the Covenant decorated their ships with. Almost artistic.

Gideon made his way up to Ennis and passed him. Without saying a word Ennis followed up to the main entrance of the control room. The four Marines joined shortly after.

All six raised their weapons as the door slid open.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:51 pm

"Well this plan has gone to shit!" Ennis yelled ducking through the hallway while running passed Gideon.

Gideon was supporting Mc Leoud. "You're not joking!" He yelled back, firing his shotgun then slamming back the pump with one hand. "Let's move, let's move!" He continued.

(Fallen Soldiers by Audiomachine fades in and begins.)

Mc Leoud had taken a plasma bolt to his left thigh, leaving him barely able to walk. "Ah, Damn!" He shrieked in pain as Gideon pulled him. The three other Marines ducked and dodged as plasma bolts cluttered the purple-hued hallway. Plasma rounds flew recklessly through the hall, shearing against the wall, burning through conduits.

One of the Marines fell to the ground, a plasma bolt making contact on the center of his back.

"Rory!" Mc Leoud screamed. "Goddammit!" The Marine opened up firing his Assault Rifle, multiple rounds making contact with Grunts. Purple blood splattered the hallway.

"We gotta get him!" Mc Leoud pleaded with Gideon.

"Ennis! Rory's hit!" Gideon yelled back at the Spartan clearing a path on their Twelve. Ennis didn't stop firing as he pivoted and sprinted backwards. His instincts helped him duck passed plasma rounds as they shot passed him. He knew he couldn't and wouldn't be able to pick up Rory and make it. So he did the next thing he knew would be done for him.

Ennis grabbed Rory's neck felt for the chain and ripped off his Dog-Tags. Rory wouldn't be left behind, in memory but, his body had to be. Ennis stood up slowly looking at the Tags. He felt for his last frag and held it in the same hand he had Rory's tags in. Primed it and threw it down the hall. The grenade banked off the wall and behind twelve Grunts as they cluttered the hallway as Ennis turned back around and began running back towards Gideon and the remaining Marines.

BOOM

The explosion shook the halllway.

It went off. Ennis thought to himself.

"We're on the clock now Soldiers!" Gideon yelled again. "Ten minutes!" He continued.

Their plan was a slight success. One of the Cruisers reactors had failed. Their attempt to take over the ships Control Room had gone wrong, unexpectedly wrong. Ennis still thought to himself, would they go down with the ship...it was still early to tell. It crossed his mind but was never a sure thought.

"You still think we can make it off with the Pelican we came in on?" Mc Leoud asked in between breathes of pain.

Ennis had made it back to the group, still holding onto Rory's tags. "You'll get these when we get out of here." He commented moving back to the groups point.

The Marines had taken Mc Leoud, leaving the other Spartan to help eaiser on their six. If it would help...

The loud sounds of Elites shouting orders were still heard through the halls. Grunts and Jackles could be heard yelping and barking in their native tongue. The two Spartans and three Marines were greatly outmatched. Odds the two Spartans enjoyed.

"Ennis, can we make it back to the hangar?" Gideon asked, reloading the last rounds into his shotgun.

"Of course!" He responded, leaning up against the corner of an intersection in the hallway. "What, you think we can't? Heh..."

Gideon could tell by Ennis' head geasture that he smirked, but wasn't one hundred percent sure they'd make it all together. The Spartans both knew well that the Marines were slowing them down. If they were alone, they would been at the hangar by now but that wasn't an option. The Marines were with them so they were leaving together.

Wort, Wort, Wort

The sound of an Elite almost caught Ennis off guard as an Elite, clad in yellow armor sidestepped from around the corner yeilding an energy sword. The Elite slashed at Ennis.

Ennis jumped back in the 'nick of time. Watching as his Rifle was sliced in half. Quickly he used the remaining half and smacked it into the Elites hand. Pressing it against the wall. He brought a quick knee into the Elites gut forcing it to loosen it's grip on it's sword. The sword deactivated. Just what Ennis wanted. Ennis gave the Elite another knee.

Glancing over his shoulder Gideon watched as his fellow Spartan engaged an Elite in hand to hand combat. Another explosion went off just feet infront of Gideon. This time, from a plasma grenade. His shields flickered and glowed.

"Keep going!" Gideon yelled to the Marines as they shuffled passed Ennis and the Elite. "Get that Pelican ready to go!"

Shotgun rounds echoed the hall as rounds popped off into a Elite coming from their rear. The Elites shield failed after the second shot. By the third, it was dead.

The Elite shouldered the Spartan against the hall and grabbed Ennis by the neck lifting him up. With almost uncanny speed, Ennis grabbed the Elites hand as it's energy dagger primed and with his other hand slammed the Elites elbow and folded it, right back into the Elites face. The alien cried out in pain staggering backwards, dropping the Spartan.

"Come on!" Ennis yelled back to Gideon as he hammer fisted the Elite to the ground.

"This place is getting a little to crowded for our taste, huh?" Gideon commented glancing at the fallen Elite. "Friend of yours?" He remarked, trying to lighten the mood. Something the two Spartans commonly did whenever they were together.

"Just met." Ennis said, checking the magazine in his silenced SMG.

The two Spartans continued around the hallway attempting to make it back to the hangar.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:19 am

Ennis and Gideon sprinted together around the corner and proceeded to the hangar. By the time they had arrived they both watched as the Marines pulled themselves back onto the Pelican they arrived on.

"Let's move." Ennis said tapping Gideon on the shoulder.

The sound of two Hunters coming from the hall they just exited broke their attention.

"Just go!" Gideon said pushing Ennis and raising his shotgun. Firing off the last rounds he had.

Ennis moved down the hallway, they were on the third floor and there was only two ways down. Follow the halls down or jump. Stacks of what looked like ammunition crates stacked one of the support beams for the hall around the hangar. Thats the way down. He thought. The echoing of shotgun rounds coming from behind him told the Spartan that Gideon was still there.

A low chim hummed throughout the hangar as every door flickered. Ennis knew what it ment. Glancing back over his shoulder he noticed that Gideon was just a few steps behind him and so were the Hunters. Orange blood trailed along the ground behind the two lumbering hulks. Gideon was slowly taking them down.

"Nine minutes!" Ennis shouted to Gideon. "We gotta go!"

Gun fire rung throughout the bottom floor of the hangar as the doors began opening one by one. Ennis couldn't see who was shooting from the rear of the Pelican but it told him there was still a chance.

The Spartan jumped onto the first crate, it crushing slightly under his feet. The crate wabbled as he jumped down three floors as fast as he could. When he landed he tucked and rolled to the nearest barricade dodging plasma fire from all angles.

Looking up he raised his silenced SMG upwards looking...waiting for Gideon. Nothing... He couldn't wait longer. Where was Gideon he thought? A loud bellow came from the third floor as Gideon, blood-soaked in orange blood lept down two levels and slammed into a crate and one Hunter just behind him. From the fall Gideon hit the crate and rolled right down one more level onto the bottom floor.

The Hunter that followed was in a rage. Ennis' only thought was that Gideon had killed it's bond brother. Impressive. He thought to himself.

"Get this Pelican off the ground!" Gideon yelled. The Hunter charged at the large Spartan. The Hunters beam cannon was disabled, Ennis noticed the sparks coming from it. Then noticed that Gideon's shotgun was almost bent in half, now unseable.

Gideon raised the broken shotgun like a bat as the Hunter charge and lunged at the alien.

Ennis sprinted around the Pelican, firing off bursts into the Grunts and Jackles swarming into the hangar. Elites flooded the upper floors shouting orders.

Mc Leoud leaned over from the rare of the Pelican and shouted "Sir, we have a few minutes!"

"I know!" Ennis replied quickly, "Let's make this bird fly!"

Mc Leoud was wielding two assault rifles, due to his injury he couldn't move at all, the most he could do was pivot from side to side while sitting on the ledge of the Pelican.

Ennis threw his SMG over his back and jumped into the Pelican. Unlatching the Pelican's rear turret gun, he latched it's stands down and swung it to the back of the Pelican as it began to raise off the ground. Gideon had yet to make it to the Pelican.

Plasma bolts and Needler rounds literally filled the hangar.

The Pelican raised off the ground slowly and started to turn, giving Ennis his angle. There was almost a silence as Ennis pulled the trigger to the turret. It's barrells warming up and starting to hum. He had to time it perfectly as the Pelican's hatch came into view with the attacking Covenant.

The turret fired. Ennis held down the trigger tightly as he moved the turret back and forth, up and down across all levels spraying everything.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:40 pm

(New Post ^ )
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:53 pm

There was almost a cold silence to Ennis as he gripped the Pelican's turret and fired round after round into the advancing Covenant. Blood sprayed and clouded the air. Explosions all throughout the room were brighting the purple-hued hangar with a heavenly orange glow.

The Pelican lifted to a total of six feet from the ground as it spun around. From Ennis' left a loud thud sounded as the rear of the Pelican dipped.

Gideon, blood soaked climbed in to the Pelican grabbing hold of Ennis' left shoulder as he advanced to the cockpit. Dragging behind him, the last Hunters shield.

Mc Leoud was still sitting on the edge along with Ennis continuing to fire both assault rifles throwing one to the ground as it ran out of ammo.

"Get some, get some, get some!!!!" Mc Leoud screamed over the loud pinging of gun fire.

The Pelican's thrusters pulsed and then roared. The Marine piloting punched it. The Pelican roared out of the bay.

The barrels for the turret were burning, smoking as Ennis released his grip on the trigger.

Four...Three...Two...One... Ennis counted in his head. The others...they must have forgotten about the reactor.

"Brace for impact!" Ennis shouted looking over his shoulder.

As the Pelican left the hangar and dipped lower into the sky Ennis looked upwards, trying to spot the first detonation. A loud rumble shook the air as the first explosion went off near the center of the Cruiser followed by a chain reaction to the rear.

The blasts caused a wake as the sky grew brighter.

"Hold on to something!" Gideon yelled behind them bracing himself.

The blast wave slammed into the Pelican. With it's thrusters at half power from before it couldn't control itself as the pilot pulled the controls up and down trying to keep it steady.

Then, Ennis realized it. Mc Leoud was still sitting on the edge as the Pelican began to spin into a decline. With one hand on the turret Ennis reach for Mc Leoud as the Marine slid off the ledge.

Ennis had to let go as he just barely grabbed the collar of the Marines tac-vest.

"I got you." Ennis remarked.

"Waaaaaaaahh!" Mc Leoud yelped. "Ah, don't let go!"

The Pelican turned and picked up speed as it's engines failed and it declined into the atmosphere. Ennis held on tightly, but could feel himself sliding from the Pelican. Half of his chest was already hanging off, free against the cold air.

Mustering what strength he could from his angle he lifted Mc Leoud up and over his head, turned and threw him into the Pelican's bay towards the cockpit. The Marine slammed into the ground next to Gideon who finally noticed his fellow Spartan about to slid off. Gideon took two steps and reached for Ennis, but it was to late.

Ennis was in a free fall towards Arcadia's surface. He had to stay calm though and adjust his trajectory along with the Pelican if there was any hopes of them getting off together let alone alive. He folded his arms against his chest and angled himself to follow the Pelican as best he could.

Back inside the Pelican, the pilot noticed something flicker on his control board. "Sir! It looks like COMs are coming back up!" The pilot yelled.

Gideon hastily turned around and yelled as his HUD flickered twice, then turned on after a third flicker. "This is Delta-Zero-Zero-Seven, Lat-One-One-Seven, Long-Three-Eight-Two. We are going down, I repeat this is Delta-Zero-Zero-Seven, Command there are still survivors, I repeat there are still survivors!"

As the lone Spartan plummeted towards the ground his HUD came back up after it flickered and dimmed.

"As you plummet to the ashes you will rise as a Phoenix. It is not your time yet." A calm soothing voice said.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:01 am

There's Two Of Us In Here, You Know?...

Ennis slowly began to wake up. The sky was turning dark again. The distant sun still light the sky dimly as the sound of Banshees and Phantoms roared in the distance.

His HUD was functional again. But his armor locked.

"Looks like the fall did minimal damage" A young female voice said echoing in his helmet for the first time. She continued. "Your armor upgrades prior to Arcadia proved to be useful. Let me get this for you."

A quick blip flickered on the top right side of Ennis' HUD as his arms freed up and fell to his side.

The Spartan slowly turned over onto one knee, shaking his head.

"Where's the rest of the Squad?" Ennis asked, as if he didn't even care to know why there was someone talking to him from inside his helmet.

"It looks like they crashed Eight miles to the North East." She responded.

Ennis' Motion Tracker chimmed.

"It looks like we're going to have company soon. Our descent did not go unnoticed." She added.

As the sky became darker it began to rain slowly, in a drizzle at first. Water droplets dotted Ennis' visor as he picked up his silenced submachine gun.

"Before we get moving, can I ask who you are?" Ennis question curiously. It didn't bother him as much as the new found AI thought.

"Hmm, formalities huh?" The AI remarked sarcastically. "I...I am Sarah."

"Sarah?" Ennis replied. "Your an AI I assume?" He added.

"I apologize for not making my presence known to you any earlier, I was busy deciphering Covenant transmitions I had interuppted and bypassed - that mountain, there's something there they are searching for." She responded.

"What do you me-" Ennis was interuppted. "With all due respect, we need to move. Your Motion Tracker has been going off for the last few minutes and we if we don't get out of here now, there'll be trouble." She said logically.

Ennis didn't hesitate to respond and took off towards the North East.

"I'm marking a NAV point for you. If Gideon and the others survived the crash, they should still be there. No doubt they'll have company though..." She stated.

"We'll deal with them." Ennis replied.

Sarah watched through Ennis' HUD. His dsiplay was modified and always clocked his speed as if he always kept track of it himself. Remarkable. The AI thought to herself. I've never seen anyone let alone a Spartan run at these speeds.

"I still have more questions for you later." Ennis commented leaping over a large pile of rubble.

"Oh...I know." Sarah responded smirking to herself within Ennis' helmet.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 10:51 pm

"Sarah, can you tell me how far 'Beasley's Plateau" is from here?" Ennis asked the newly found AI.

"Beasley's Plateau? Why?" She asked curiously.

"You and I both know there's an ONI facility there." Ennis replied.

The AI was silent for a moment. The Spartan had almost baffled her. He's smart. "Sorry, I wasn't aware you knew of a facility as such was here." She commented. "I'll mark another NAV point for you. It's roughly three clicks back where the Covenant Crusiers were attacking."

"So you mean near the Forerunner ruins?" Ennis asked.

"Why...yes." She said hesitantly.

"Ok." Ennis remarked. "Can you scan the facility and see if there is any activity coming from there?"

"I can try." She responded.

Ennis weaved in and out of buildings as quickly and quietly as he could. He was still far from where Gideon and the remaining Marines were - if they were still alive.

"The remnants of the base look completely destroyed once the Glassing had begun. There seems to be no Covenant presence that I can detect." Sarah said after a few moments.

"Good." Ennis replied back. He slid up to a small barricade and moved towards the new NAV point.

"What are you doing?" Sarah asked. "What about SPARTAN -D007?"

Ennis wondered why Sarah refered to Gideon as SPARTAN-D007, but ignored it for the moment. " 'Cause, if there's a way off Arcadia, that ONI base is how we're getting out of here." He remarked to Sarah.

"The chances of the-" Sarah started.

"I'll take whatever chance I can get, Sarah. There's a bird there still." Ennis interuppted the AI.

The AI remained quiet, knowing she had no control over the Spartan's actions.

Ennis watched his HUD as the NAV point marking Gideon's location ticked further and further away and his distance on the ONI facility came closer and closer.

After almost an hour of evasive sprinting..if there was such a thing. Ennis was nearing the plateau. Thankfully, to the upgrades in his visor he was able to zoom far enough in to scan the perimeter of the Base. His eyes dotted back and forth over looking the air control towers, five landing pads and two central reactors.

"Looks clear." Ennis commented.

"It only looks clear." Sarah remarked.

"Only thing we can do is check it out. Maybe there's something you can dig up while we're there and find out what the Covenant were after." Ennis said. On the far side of the mountain and plateau the remaining Cruisers were glassing the mountain side, obviously searching the Forerunner ruins - it had finally dawned on Ennis.

Ennis glanced at his Tac Pad and messed with it's controls for just a second.

"Your active camoflauge is still broken." Sarah stated.

"I won't need it." The sly Spartan responded. "We'll be fine without it."

Sarah thought to herself, Hmm, let's see what you can do then. She knew there would be Covenant crawling all over the place. They wouldn't have an easy time even getting through the place.

Ennis shouldered his silenced submachine gun, Sarah noted it as well. An unorthodox weapon. It seemed this particular Spartan favored silence and secrecy. Sarah began to feel more at ease with her pick of the litter.

Ennis slid down a large incline as quietly as he could. Rocks and loose rubble clunked along the hillside as he came to a halt and crouched, scanning the area again.

"Wait..." Sarah began, "I'm picking up movement up ahead."

Ennis tightened his crouch and froze as a Jackle trotted close to his location. The Jackle must have heard the noises and came to check it out. It was wielding a Beam Rifle, the equivalent to the UNSC's sniper rifle. Something Ennis could most definetly use.

"Let him go or take him out, your call Spartan." Sarah ordered.

(Lone Wolf begins to play)

The Jackle turned it's back for a moment when Ennis kicked off into a short dash and kneed the Jackle in the back before it could notice. It's Beam Rifle fell from its hands as Ennis dropped his SMG and grabbed the Jackles throat and squeezed it - crushing it's throat in, killing it instantly.

"Not bad." Sarah said smiling to herself.

Ennis dashed quickly and grabbed the Beam Rifle while slinging his SMG on his back. Raising the rifle he looked inside it's scope and slowly began scanning the perimeter once again. Over the hangars he noticed a few more Jackles with rifles and even a handful of Elites patrolling the base.

Dammit. Ennis thought to himself.

"Can you get me inside the Base? If I can get linked up there's a better chance we can find a way off this planet and even find out what the Covenant are searching for." Sarah asked kindly.

The more and more Ennis heard Sarah talk he wondered what appearance the AI took. There was Auntie Dot from Reach that Ennis had seen once before leaving there. But he had never seen an AI or personally have one in his possession. Or was he in her possession?

"I can do that." Ennis said moving quickly towards the Base while keeping quiet.

Meanwhile...

"Shit..." Gideon exclaimed as his vision came back to him. He began to do a roll call as he regained himself. "Mc Leoud?"

"Yeah..." The lucky Marine said quietly.

"Ulatoski?" Gideon called out to the pilot.

There was no response.

"Vargas?" Gideon called out to the third Marine.

"Still here..." Vargas said in between coughs.

"We lost Ennis, sir." Mc Leoud said between breaths. The Marine was still badly injured and it was a suprise to the Spartan he was still alive.

"I know. Did either of you see where he was headed?" The Spartan questioned grabbing a Magnum, checking it's clip.

(Into the Breach begins to play)

"Ugh.." Mc Leoud was able to stand up, holding onto the side of teh crashed Pelican. "It looks like he fell between here and that ONI Base a few clicks back, Sir."

"Then thats where we're headed." Gideon ordered. "Can you two make it?" He said looking at the two.

Vargas would have to help Mc Leoud along the way, but they'd have to if they wanted to get off of Arcadia.

They both nodded nervously as Vargas helped Mc Leoud stand straight.

"Ok then, lets move." Gideon said after taking Ulatoski's dogtags.

Last edited by KingNis085 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:42 am

"It seems you favor both stealth and speed." Sarah stated. "Seems a bit contradictive, but...I like it."

Ennis remained silent as he quietly picked off a Jackle. The almost silent sound of the Beam Rifle cause no alarm. The beam went through the Jackles head and killed it instantly.

"Nice shot." She said again.

Ennis was more thinking to himself predicting each shot already in his head as the first Jackle fell, the second followed suit not even seconds after...then the third.

"Plug me in as soon as you can, Major." Sarah said. It took Ennis by surprise slightly, he wasn't used to many calling him by his rank. He was used to his designation, or being called merely by his name amongst his fellow Spartans.

Ennis made it to one of the many tunnel entrances surrounding the ONI Base. He slung the Covenant Rifle over his back and pulled out his silenced weapon of choice. "Going dark." He whispered to the AI."

Once nightfall came fully around, the Spartan had no problem at all, luckily for him, he had night vision. Through his HUD everything was a different shade of green. There was no light of any source, not even from the Covenant setting up their own equipment. "Covenant must be dark too." He said in a whisper.

His SMG had a light, but using it wouldn't be smart. For now he could navigate easily, quietly, just the way he wanted. The tunnel turned and turned until he finally saw the other end. Stepping over debris and fallen equipment he quietly peered out into the open courtyard for one of the smaller buildings in the facility.

"Looks like this a lab." Sarah said.

"Looks like the EMP knocked out the power source." Ennis noticed.

"We'll have to restart one of the reactors if we can even think about seeing what is going on." Sarah replied.

"You're implying we try and get the reactors back up?" Ennis questioned. "That can't be our only option?" He added.

"Hmm, it might be." Sarah started. "If we can get the reactors back up, then we can get a signal to Command, but we'll also be like a bug zapper - letting the entire Covenant Fleet know we're here." She finished.

Ennis continued moving inside the Lab as Sarah spoke. With one hand he pushed open a door gently. It creaked. The room was empty.

The Spartan stepped in, holding his SMG with one hand, survying the room. He moved to the nearest computer station he could find in the Lab. It was quiet still. No Covenant in sight.

Still holding his SMG with one hand he looked over the desk. Paper work was cluttered all over the place. Plasma burns and bullet holes were scattered over the walls.

"Looks like there was a fight here, bodies cleared out." Sarah examined through Ennis' HUD.

"Networks down still. We're gonna have to restart the reactors." Ennis sighed.

The light outside the Lab grew bright. The sky filled with a blue hue as a Phantom flew over head and hoovered over the Lab. "Damn." Sarah said.

"Looks like we're gonna have to wait on those reactors." Ennis replied crouching near a broken window to observe the Phantom.

The Phantom hoovered over the Lab just to the North East for a second then moved away roughly fifteen meters.

"Thats strange?" Sarah inquired

"Looks like they're looking for something else?" Ennis responded back.

The Phantom's nose turned away from the direction of the Lab as Ennis watched it's turrets turn and aim under it.

What the...

The turrets opened up just as a single rocket flashed and shot straight up hitting the Phantom's core engine dead on. Just as it did so two muzzle flashes opened up as the users started spraying towards the facility.

"It must be the others." Ennis said.

The Phantom's engines made a loud whine as it spun and crashed into one of the buildings followed by a loud explosion.

"Made quick work of that Phantom." Sarah laughed.

"That's Gideon all right." Ennis remarked, moving back towards the desk. "With their help we could get those reactors back up. We won't have long though." Ennis said.

As he finished speaking, three blips appeared on his HUD marking the three units. Gideon, Mc Leoud and Vargas.

"Glad your still alive." Gideon's voice chimmed in over the COM. "Been trying to contact you since COMs went back up."

"Been 'dark'." Ennis replied.

"Figures...Well, we assumed you'd head this way." Gideon responded. The sound of the fire fight was coming through their channel every time Gideon opened up his COM.

"Hold them off as long as you guys can. We're trying to get the reactors back up so we can send a signal out. Or find a way off this planet. The Covenant are after something, we have little time to figure it out." Ennis said.

"We'll hold them off as long as you need. We found an ordiance a couple miles back in the jungle. We've -" Another explosion from Gideon's rocket launcher muffled his voice "- We've got everything we need to hold them off as long as you can. Get those reactors up." Gideon finished.

"Let's move, Major!" Sarah said to Ennis.

As one NAV point flicked off another flicked on, marking the reactor's generator. "We're probably going to have to bypass the reactors main conduits somehow to get enough power to restart them." Sarah explained.

"I got it." Ennis replied as he moved out.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:05 am

The quick Spartan made his way to the reactors in no time. The constant exchange of gun fire between the small group and Covenant echoed throughout the facility. But for the lone Spartan, there was no resistance.

"They must not have noticed us." Ennis made a comment as he scanned the area around the reactors before proceeding forward cautiously.

"Noted, Major." Replied the AI.

Backing up towards one of the two reactors Ennis continued to survey the area. Clear. He said to himself. He had little time to assess the situation. He quickly looked over the reactor to see if there was anyway he could get them started again.

"We're going to have to rewire the core of the reactors. They'll be at less the half capacity, but it'll do." Sarah examined.

Ennis knelt to one knee setting his SMG down by his side as he ripped off one of the panels covering the controls. The Spartan was assisted by his new AI during the process. It only took a few minutes, but some how they managed to get power back into the facility.

The remaining lights that were still intact after the initial glassing flickered on as the reactors started to hum softly.

"Okay, plug me in somewhere, let's see what we can find." Sarah asked.

Ennis jumped up grabbing his SMG and made a move back inside.

"Get me back into the Lab." Sarah ordered quickly.

Ennis had his SMG shouldered as he moved back and forth through the hallways and open corridors until he reached the Lab. He sprinted in and came to a quick halt at one of the main computers. He pulled out Sarah's chip from the back of his helmet and placed it onto one of the entry ports for the massive computer systems. The big display flickered as she entered the Network. Ennis wiped off the screen - it covered in dirt and dust.

"Interesting." She said, her voice coming in through the speakers in the room. "The Forerunner ruins, there's files upon files containing an artifact." She added.

"An artifact for what?" Ennis asked looking over his shoulder at the door.

"I...I don't know. I've already downloaded all the files accordingly. I'll have to do some research and look through them. Just a minute..." She said.

Ennis thought he heard something at the door, checking on it quietly.

A few quiet moments went by as Sarah analyzed the information quickly. Processing it all and and storing the data in her own systems. "Major..." She started. "...We need to get this information into UNSC hands now. This information may turn the tides of this war." She added.

Ennis walked back to the computers. "Yank me, Major." She said as Ennis reached for the port and pulled the chip out then plugging it back into the back of his helmet.

Once she was back with her counter part she made another quick comment. "Well, you were right about a way off. There's a Prowler still docked at one of the hangars."

"Didn't I tell you we'd get outta here?" Ennis replied almost smiling to himself.

"Never doubted you for a moment." The AI responded.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:19 am

The two Spartans and exhausted Marines loaded their equipment onto the Prowler as quickly as they could. The made quick work of the remaining Covenant scattered throughout the facility before making their escape.

"Major..." Sarah began. "I've been digging into these ONI records, it's compiled with detailed information about this Artifact that we found. It was uncovered just weeks before the second attack happened. Those fools, they kept it here...Where the Covenant could get their filthy hands on it." She started.

"No one knew the Covenant would attack Arcadia again." Ennis said softly to themselves as he loaded a container, the casing marked PROJECT: GUNGNIR on it.

Gideon over heard the comment and tried to listen in. Has he lost it? He thought to himself. "We got almost everything?" He asked.

"Sir, we've got the last of the ordinances we could carry. Three Rocket Launchers, fifteen magazines for the Assault Rifles, six for the Battle Rifles, two clips for Ennis' sniper rifle, a hand full of frags and plasmas and four Magnum clips." Vargas responded.

"Thats enough." Gideon said. "Man the controls, Vargas."

Ennis moved to the hatch and rose it shut after setting down the large container. Gideon stood above Vargas and he punched away at the controls for the ONI Class Prowler.

"A bit different from a Pelican, but I can manage it, Sir." He said reassuring the Spartan watching over him.

"What else can you tell me, Sarah?" Ennis asked.

"About the Artifact? Where do I begin?" She chuckled.

Gideon looked over his shoulder again as the Prowler dusted off. Vargas activated the ships cloaking they left the planets atmosphere. "Who do you keep babbling too?" He directed towards the other Spartan.

Ennis looked up, he had forgotten for a moment, that they were unaware he had an AI in his possession. Ennis stood up and plugged Sarah into the Prowlers systems.

"I'll take the controls Marine." Her voice chimed over the Prowlers radio. Everyone looked around when they heard the voice. Ennis moved up to the cockpit putting one hand on the seat Vargas sat in as a node next to the controls flickered and glowed.

A figure rose from the node in the appearance of a young woman with neck length hair and a slim body took shape. Adorned in what looked like white robes - Roman-esque in appearance. It was the appearance Sarah took.

"An AI?" Gideon commented shockingly.

"Sarah, can you reach Command?" Ennis asked.

"Surely." She responded quickly ignoring the fact that three people were looking at her in awe. "It's like they've never seen an AI before." She commented to Ennis.

He smirked from behind his helmet.

Sarah pushed some of her hair behind her left ear. "There's distress signals all throughout UNSC airspace surrounding Arcadia. Ours will be just one more added to the dozens." She said after a few moments.

"What's our best option?" Ennis asked again.

"The smartest thing would be to group up with any remaining survivors...Ah, a Frigate." She pointed out, pulling up it's location on the Prowlers large windshield.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:38 pm

It was odd to Ennis there was a single Frigate remaining in close proximity to Arcadia. But didn't think of it further.

"Major, linking up with the Frigate." Sarah stated as she took over controls of the Prowler.

"After we link up, get Mc Leoud to a Med-Station." Ennis ordered Vargas.

"Yes, sir!" Vargas responded quickly getting up from his seat. He met Mc Leoud in the Prowlers small armory. "We're getting you straight to Medical." He told Mc Leoud.

The two Marines quickly moved towards the exit-port of the Prowler to get inside the Frigate.

Ennis and Gideon were still in the cockpit.

After they heard the clunk and beams lock around the hull of the Prowler Ennis took Sarah once again from the node and back into his helmet.

"When were you going to mention you were given an AI?" Gideon asked gathering what he needed.

"Hey, I only found out a few hours ago. Don't be jealous." Ennis replied as they began to make their way off the Prowler.

"I didn't know SPARTAN's got jealous." Sarah said to Ennis. Gideon unaware of the comment.

Ennis smirked to himself as the two exited behind the two Marines.

They were greeted by a small squad of battle-worn ODSTs who immediately marched up to Ennis.

"You're needed at the control room, Major." One of the brave ODSTs said stepping forward.

Ennis noticed the ODSTs were gripping their weapons tightly. "I noticed it to, Major." Sarah said.

Ennis didn't respond with words, just actions as he stepped through the ODSTs. Turning back Ennis gave Gideon a relaxed salute.

"Until next time Spartan." Gideon said returning the gesture.

Ennis nor Sarah knew why they were needed, matter of fact, how'd anyone know who was even on the Prowler?

Soon, they would get their questions and answers out.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:03 am

Ennis remained quiet as he was escorted to the control room. Once he arrived there the ODSTs turned and left.

He was greeted by a young woman, dressed in the attire of a Naval Officer.

She turned and faced him. "It's a pleasure to finally meet both of you." The Officer said.

"It's a pleasure as well ma'am." Sarah spoke for the two.

"Walk with me." The Officer said as she moved about the room to various control panels checking the work of the crew members. "We'll be switching Frigates soon Spartan." She said over her shoulder.

"Ma'am, clear to make the jump?" One of the crew members said as she passed.

"It's a go." She responded.

The ship rumbled as it made it's transition and made it's jump.

"You're probably wondering why I've asked for you two to come here." The Officer started.

"You definitely have our interest." Sarah said once again for the two.

The Officer went to a node and tapped it pulling up a display of another planet.

"Gamma Pavonis VII." The Officer simply said.

Ennis tried to continue to make a glance at the Officer's badge but never got an angle. Finally, the young woman turned and faced the Spartan once again and spoke. "Thats where we are headed next."

The badge read Officer Keyes.

To Be Continued...

(OT - I'm not breaking Canon)
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:40 am

Part II - Rolling Thunder

The young Naval Officer laid quietly across the open seats of the escape pod. Sweat dripped down the side of her face as the pod rumbled away from the UNSC Hilbert.

"You made the right choice, Ma'am." Sarah said in an attempt to ease the young officers mind.

"There was nothing else we could've done...right?" Miranda replied, looking up at the SPARTAN piloting the pod.

Ennis didn't respond.

"Having no weapons capable of breaching the Covenant's energy shield? I say we did what we had to do.The collision damaged the shield, allowing the Hilbert to continue onwards and crash into the vessel. Abandoning the ship Ma'am, it was our only option." Sarah reassured the Naval Officer of her decision.

"I hope you are right, Sarah." Miranda replied resting her head back down. For the young woman, it was a stressful moment, exhausting.

"We'll rendezvous with Lord Terrence Hood shortly. Our distress signal was successful, thankfully." Sarah commented.

Sarah appeared on the node next to Ennis pulling up a display of the Gamma Pavonis system.

"Were there any other survivors?" Miranda asked.

"Scanning..." Sarah began. "...It seems the rest of the escape pods and personnel on board were not able to make it off on time or are either falling into Gamma Pavonis VII's atmosphere. We were far enough away from it's gravitational pull to avoid being dragged down." Sarah finished, looking back at the Officer.

Miranda remained still, absorbing the fact that most of her crew was lost. It effected her dramatically, but she remained to herself.

"Command, this is Sarah, requesting pick up. Officer Miranda Keyes and SPARTAN D-085 on board. Alpha-Foxtrot-One-One-Seven. I repeat this is Sarah requesting immediate pick up." Sarah said.

A garble came through their speakers, "This is Command, Sarah. Good to hear you three made it. We're sending a rendezvous team to pick you up. Lord Hood is already en route." The voice said.

"Roger that, Command. Sarah out." The AI replied.

Ennis leaned back in his seat letting go of the controls for the pod. For the moment, he could relax as Sarah took over punching in the coordinates she gave to Command.

"Job well done, Major." She commented as Ennis leaned back in his seat.

"Same goes to you Sarah." He replied. "All we can do is wait now." He added as the pod drifted through space, awaiting pick up.

Last edited by KingNis085 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:30 am

Miranda Keyes was awarded the Silver Star for her actions above Gamma Pavonis VII. SPARTAN D-085 was not present for the Award Ceremony, quickly being ordered to depart back to Earth. Later in the year he was sent to Sigma Octanus IV, then Reach and finally Earth.

It was his actions on Earth that Rabbit, etched his name into the history of SPARTANs.

Upcoming Chapter: This Land Is Not Your Land
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:27 pm

This Land Is Not Your Land

November 3rd, 2552

"How long do we have to wait, sir?" Mc Leoud had asked quietly.

It was dark out, approximately 1:30 in the morning. Over the years, Pvt. Mc Leoud and Pvt. Vargas had long since been promoted and transfered into a squad of ODSTs. They were often assigned with SPARTAN D-085 to assist him on high risk missions. Tonight, they had been assigned to assist the SPARTAN-III to the North America's central HUB, also known as Chicago. Chicago had turned into a small military HUB since it was located in the center of the continent. Intel of a planned attack on the central HUB had reached the UNSC through interrogation of an Elite Major.

"Until the Covenant attack, Private." The Spartan replied.

Mc Leoud was acting as a messenger between the Major, who was posted atop one of Chiacgo's oldest and still standing buildings. The Sears Tower. Ennis was positioned on the 83rd floor, high enough to watch over the main highways coming into and out of the city, as well as a large enough view to a majority of the city itself.

The Sears Tower, while keeping it's original name has long since been redesigned to house multiple generators and reactors to secure the cities defensive systems and large sky-dock which was once Chicago's famous O'Hare airport.

"Major, the cities defenses are still up and running." Sarah said.

"Well, that's good at least." Mc Leoud said after being reassured.

"Hopefully the shields will stay up, we don't want another situation like Reach." Ennis said dating back earlier in the year.

"How are those AA guns?" Mc Leoud asked.

"The AA guns are still fully operational, Private." Sarah reassured.

"Although we hate to wait." She said referring to herself and the Spartan. "It's about all we can do at this point." She finished.

"Any word from Blue Team yet? Or was Havana lost?" The Major questioned.

"After Ross Island they were sent to Havana to defend the Orbital Elevator there. However, their status is unknown. When the Elevator crumbled Blue Team's status has been listed as MIA for the time being." Sarah explained to the SPARTAN-III. "...It was a UNSC victory though." She added.

Dammit. The Spartan thought.

Ennis knew the Covenant's attack would be inevitable. The only thing he could do was wait, just as Sarah had said so. He was getting impatient though, with battles breaking out all over the World the SPARTAN-III felt he should be doing more then lying in wait.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Everything had been quiet until dawn finally started to come around. It was still early winter, there had yet to be any snowfall this time of the year. But, no one would doubt that it was cold out.

The Marines outside could see their breath. "Man, it's getting cold!" One of them shouted.

"Better not let the C.O. hear you complain. Lock it up." The higher ranked Marine replied.

Ennis had been behind the scope of his sniper rifle for nearly eight hours until he saw movement. He didn't call it out, but observed on. It was in his favor, the rising sun reflected off the Jackle's beam rifle as it hopped along the lower rooftops. Three miles. Ennis calculated off the top of his head. The scope was dead on. Three miles, just a bit under.

Ennis opened his COMM. "Enemy movement, North-East. Stand-by..."

"Taking the shot?" Sarah asked to her counterpart.

Ennis zoomed in again and got a closer view of the Jackle, watching. Waiting.

The Jackle posted up just as Ennis knew it would, it was a game of hide and seek. The Spartan watched patiently now as the Jackle looked back and forth through it's own scope. Ennis finger moved slowly over the trigger.

"Are you going to take the shot?" Sarah said again curiously.

Ennis was watching the Jackle's barrel aim higher and higher along the Tower. 60th Floor Ennis estimated in his head.

The Jackle was scanning over ever floor of the Tower for any UNSC sniper that may be posted, unaware it was already spotted and being targeted. Through his scope Ennis watched as the barrel flickered again in the sunlight just as the Jackle looked up for a moment then back at his scope as if the alien had to double check what it had seen. But, it was to late Ennis had taken his shot.

"And I thought you were growing impatient." Sarah commented as the loud echo of the sniper rifle quieted. It was a clean head shot. The Jackle was dead.

Without moving his sight off the scope Ennis quickly scanned the area for any other threats. His eyes fell onto a group of Wraith's barreling down the street - One block to the left.

"We have incoming Wraith's, Marines!" Sarah said over their COMMs.

"Ma'am, incoming Banshees! Two 'o Clock!" Pvt. Vargas shouted over the COMM.

Ennis looked at his (2) outside the ledge he was positioned at as a group of six Banshees flew in from the cloud cover.

"Looks like we're in for a fight." He said getting up.

"Let's make'em work for it, Major." Sarah commented.

"I planned on it." The Spartan replied grabbing the rocket launcher resting next to the front door of the room he was in.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:33 pm

The AI thought to herself, she was compiling all the data on SPARTAN D-085 , revisiting the past up until this point on Earth.

I've watched you over the years Ennis... your courage... your sacrifices... but for you, it's far from over. This I know. I have known. But, do you? How much longer can your luck go on for? Arcadia? Gamma Pavonis VII? Reach? What will happen on Earth? We'll die? No...not yet.

There are others with the same luck as you, you know?

Of course you do...who wouldn't? The others...their deaths weren't your fault, you've done everything you could to prevent it... You single handedly destroyed a Covenant flagship, but with heavy loses. They will be honored with your survival.

You are who they call "Rabbit" , you will never be caught. Never be stopped.

"Sarah?" Ennis repeated again over the plasma fire.

"Yes, Major?" She responded, finally realizing the Spartan was talking to her.

"You okay in there?" Ennis replied quickly.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be fine. I'm with you after all." She returned.

Ennis was moving with great haste down the vast staircase to the lower levels of the Tower.

"The Covenant have infiltrated the Tower, Major. Better get down there now." Sarah stated.

Ennis had to remind himself to bring up Sarah's absent mind during combat when he had the chance, he knew now was neither the time nor the place. "I'm working on that." He responded.

Ennis opened his COMM, "Vargas, Mc Leoud, what's the situation downstairs?" He asked jumping down a flight of stairs.

Sounds of gunfire came over his COMM before he got a response. "Sir! Covenant are pouring into the main lobby like locusts. We need you down here ASAP!" He heard Mc Leoud say.

In the background Ennis also heard Vargas shouting, "C'mon you fuckin' bastards, get some!"

"I'm on my way." Ennis tried to say calmly. "Defend the main lobby at all costs, Mc Leoud. Sit tight."

"Roger that, Major, get down here quick! Out!" Mc Leoud yelled back.

"Sarah, any ideas on how we can get downstairs faster?" Ennis had to ask as he glanced at what floor he was on. 34th Floor the sign read.

"Elevator?" Sarah suggested.

Ennis paused for a second and stopped. Without thinking twice he kicked open the door leading into the 33rd Floors main hallway and sprinted down towards the elevators.

Skidding to a halt upon arrival he holstered his Battle Rifle and ripped the doors apart.

"It's a long way down...I hope you know." Sarah commented as Ennis looked down the elevator shaft. "Think you can make it?" She added.

"We'll make it." Ennis responded, jumping down the elevator shaft, disappearing into the darkness it created.
Back to top Go down
KingNis085
Grunt
Grunt
KingNis085

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 2:10 am

"Major?... Major!?" The sound of Sarah's voice started to fade in. A loud ringing pained Ennis' ears as his vision slowly started to come back from a blur.

The sounds of muffled gun fire being exchanged came back, regaining his senses. His HUD was flickering to stay on.

"Major, this hole place is going to blow, we need to evac now!" He heard Sarah yelling at him.

The Spartan shook his head rising slowly. Just in his reach he saw and grabbed his BR-55 and checked it's clip. Full still.Good.

"There's still time to make it out of the Tower before it self destructs, Major. The cities defenses are lost, but we can still put up a fight if we make it out of here." Sarah said trying to rush the Spartan to move.

Ennis couldn't hesitate, getting his barrings straight he remembered where he was. Six levels underground, in the Towers main reactor room. He was just outside the reactors doors.

A loud noise behind him caught his attention. He spun around quickly raising his rifle towards the closed door. "The doors still locked shut?" He said.

"Yes, the controls are damaged from this end so the Zealots won't be getting through any time soon. The HAVOK though is set to detonate in less then 4 minutes. So, you better start running." Sarah replied.

Turning around while Sarah was still in mid-sentence he began to sprint once he recalled why he was knocked out for a brief second, those Zealots all at once. [i]Where's Gideon when ya' need him?[i] The Spartan thought to himself running shoulder first into a door, busting it off it's hinges. "Is the elevator still operational?" Ennis asked.

"Well, with the extensive damage to the entire main structure of the Tower, it'll be risky. You've caused serious damage to the Towers main pillars that support it. If we're on that elevator when that HAVOK nuke goes off, then we're not making it out." Sarah said.

"That's not going to happen." Ennis replied.

The small group of UNSC soldiers defending the city had no idea a full Covenant Armada would appear over the city. They were overwhelmed, even with a SPARTAN assisting in the defense. It was an unpredicted attack, but their fates were still undecided this early morning. The lone SPARTAN was sure to make the Covenant work for it.

It was his job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II   A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Lucky Rabbit's Foot - Part I & Part II
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lost Chronicles of Halo :: Roleplaying & Stories :: Chronicles-
Jump to: